1. Go to https://www.blogger.com/start2 and click the orange “Create a Blog” button.
2. Fill out the registration information, click that you accept the terms of service, then click“continue.”
3. Fill in the information on the next screen, officially opening a Google account, then click “continue.”
4. Give your blog a name (remember—it should suit your chosen character!) and choose aunique URL address. Check the availability on the URL you have chosen, and once you findan available one, click “continue.”
5. Now comes the fun part: scroll through the available templates and select one you think would appeal to your character. Click “continue.”
6. Congratulations! You should see the “Your blog has been created” screen. Click “start blogging now.”
To make a post (the most recent posts will always appear at the top of your blog)
1. Sign in to your blog at https://www.blogger.com/start2 with the e-mail and password you gave during set-up.
2. Now you will see your dashboard page, with many options for what to do. Click the blue bubble that reads “New Post.”
3. Type in a title for your post—this will show up above the text in your blog—then enter whatever text you wish in the box. You may also add images, videos, or links (see below). The menu across the top will allow you to alter the font, size, and color of your text, should you wish to do so. Keep your graphic design interesting, but remember that the text of your posts is more important than changing each letter into a rainbow of color. Try to make design decisions you believe your character would make.
4. Click “Publish Post.” You will now be able to choose to “View Blog,” “Edit Post,” or “Create a New Post.” Select an option.
To add an image to a post
1. Save an image to your desktop. If it is not an image you took, be sure to write down the source information and include that in a Sources Cited section on your blog. continued
Blog Creation Steps (continued)
2. On the “New Post” page run your mouse across the menu of option icons just above the text box. Click on the little blue box with the mountain in it that reads “Add Image” when your mouse crosses it.
3. In the new box, click “Browse” and then choose the picture file from your desktop. Choose to place image in the left, center, or right of the screen. Choose to make image small, medium, or large. You may format and add up to five images at a time.
4. Click “I accept the terms of service” and then “Upload Image.” Your images should soon appear in your post.
To add a video to a post
1. Save a video file to your desktop. If it is not a video you took, be sure to write down the source information and include that in a Sources Cited section on your blog.
2. On the “New Post” page run your mouse across the menu of option icons just above the text box. Click on the little film strip that reads “Add Video” when your mouse crosses it. Choose the file from your desktop, give the video a title, accept the terms of service, and then click “Upload Video.”
To add a link to a post
1. Copy the desired URL from your web browser. 2. Copy the link into your post, then highlight it again with the mouse. 3. Run your mouse across the menu of option icons just above the text box. Click on the one with a green circle that reads “Add Link” when your mouse crosses it. Paste or retype your link into the box and click OK. 4. Your text should change color and become a link.
To edit or delete a post
1. From your main blog page (you can always access this page by choosing “View Blog”), choose “New Post.” On the new post page, just above the main box, choose the link “Edit Posts.”
2. This will take you to a page showing all past posts. You may click the box for any post and then choose “Edit” on the far left. This will take you back into the page as if you are still continued
“Publish Post.” The new post will replace the old one. 3. If you prefer to erase the post altogether, simply click “Delete” on the far right of the “Edit” page for the chosen post. To add a group of links, text, survey, or image to the sidebar 1. From your main blog page (you can always access this page by choosing “View Blog”), choose “Customize” in the upper right corner. 2. From the “Customize” page, you can add any number of page elements. On the upper right, choose “Add a Gadget.” 3. Scroll through your gadget options, selecting the one you wish from: “Poll,” “Link List,” “Picture,” or “Text.” You can also try adding other gadgets—experiment! 4. Follow the instructions for the gadget you choose and then click “Save” to put the gadget into your sidebar. This will return you to the layout page. 5. Back on the layout page, you can click “Preview” to see what your new gadget looks like, or you can click “Save” to make it part of your blog. 6. You can always delete gadgets from the layout page, simply by clicking “Edit” in the gadget’s box, and then choosing “Remove.” 7. You may also rearrange your page elements in this page by clicking and dragging any element to a new location.
To add a footer image or quotation 1. From your main blog page (you can always access this page by choosing “View Blog”), choose “Customize” in the upper right corner. 2. From the “Customize” page, you can add any number of page elements. On the bottom of the page choose “Add a Gadget.” You may now add a picture or text across the bottom just like you did in the sidebar in the previous menu.